SM Components is recruiting a Business Development Manager. This is a new role within the business and the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the growth of the company.
SM Components is a well-established supplier of commercial vehicle components and equipment, primarily for the bulk transportation industry. As well as specialist servicing and repair work, the company designs, manufactures and installs bespoke transport solutions. It also represents brands such as Gardner Denver, Hyva, Bezares, Emmegi, MotorMax, JOST, InterLube, as well as Priden Engineering, McPhee Mixers and SB Components which are all part of the TVS Group.
Although the company is based in Mallusk, Newtownabbey, this role will require the Business Development Manager to travel to meet existing and potential new companies throughout the island of Ireland.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for career progression within the commercial vehicle industry.
The successful candidate will:
• Develop and maintain relationships including identifying and generating new opportunities with existing customers
• Identify potential customers and sales opportunities
• Generate and qualify leads
• Build, develop and secure new business across the full range of SM Components products and services
• Monitor tender portals and co-ordinate tender responses
• Identify and nurture relationships with key strategic partners to maximise opportunities
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive customer database and accurately record and track opportunities and customer interactions
• Build and manage the sales pipeline and develop and implement sales activity plans
It is essential that the candidate has a strong technical knowledge and competence, with prior experience in a similar industry sector. Previous experience in the commercial vehicle sector would be highly advantageous. Experience in a sales role is desirable but not essential if the candidate has a strong technical mind.
The successful candidate should also:
• Be energetic and self-motivated
• Have a strong ability to create and maintain relationships with new and existing customers
• Have a high level of IT literacy
• DryHave excellent networking skills
The successful applicant will receive a highly competitive remuneration and benefits package, including a company vehicle.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 23rd October 2020